Posted on Nov. 18, 2016
This position is responsible for management and oversight of all financial transactions with the local branch. This position reports to the branch General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and implement procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Accounting Department.
• Monitor the daily transit report to identify outstanding deposits.
• Confer with Sales regarding delinquent accounts for their representatives.
• Review and address outstanding items on Open Balance Report as needed to resolve all past due payments.
• Oversee all credit card, credit, and cash payment paperwork.
• Make daily bank deposits for all posted transactions.
• Contact customers for collections and/or non-sufficient funds checks.
• Handle all customer complaints regarding refunds, double billings, and accommodations.
• Reconcile weekly and monthly COD’s and deposits reports.
• Review and initiate all charge backs or reversals for the sales representatives.
• Supervise the preparation of letters on delinquent account.
• Serve as point of contact for consumer complaints and/or disputes.
• Assist staff in resolve service request issues involving payment.
• Research and resolve posting errors.
• Provide monthly status report to the General Manager.
• Other duties and responsibilities as directed.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Associate’s Degree in Accounting.
• Minimum of three years accounting and/or collections related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Good knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
• Proven supervisory/management experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Team player.
• Strong ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
• A high degree of organization, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Availability to work some Saturdays.