Posted on Sep. 14, 2016
Goodwill is seeking a Book Clerk.
Maintains up-to-date book stock by selecting books from the processing area and by pulling slow-moving books for recycling to other stores.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Communicates with customers by cordially greeting and assisting them with their selections.
• Selects books from the processing area on a weekly basis
• Evaluates and prices books in accordance with pricing guidelines.
• Receives book shipments and stocks books by category and alphabetically by author, exhibiting a familiarity with various types of literature.
• Maintains up-to-date stock by pulling slow-moving books for recycling to other stores.
• Moves and maneuvers shipping racks, carts, and small store display fixtures.
• Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs light housekeeping duties, such as dusting shelves, cleaning glass display shelves and mirrors and sweeping and vacuuming as needed.
• Keeps bookstore area tidy and stocked with supplies as needed.
• May be trained to run cash register.
High school diploma or equivalent. Ability to alphabetize and to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions and percentages. Training is over a period up to and including six months.
• Climbing, balancing, talking, hearing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling and seeing.
• Lifting/Carrying: Light work-- Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
• Pushing/Pulling: Heavy work--Pushing/Pulling 100 lbs. maximum with frequent pushing/pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Interested candidates can apply in person, online or for immediate attention you can send your resume via email.