at We Are Blood
Posted on Apr. 27, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
We Are Blood is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Founded in 1951, our mission is to safeguard the community’s gifts of blood with uncompromising quality and excellence in customer service.
We are seeking a Blood Distribution Technician Driver in our Hospital Services department for the NIGHT SHIFT. This position maintains and manages blood product inventory, as well as delivers and picks up product shipments to/from hospitals, clients, and other blood centers.
• Serve as primary customer service representative between the Center and the customer.
• Understand the unique inventory and service needs of each customer and select appropriate components for distribution.
• Log orders and shipments, ensuring accuracy and delivery time frames are met, with strict adherence to SOP.
• Inspect products or specimens and pack appropriately for shipment to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
• Perform irradiation procedures, including documentation and re-labeling of components.
• Complete all required documentation accurately with strict adherence to SOP.
• Monitor and document storage temperatures for all components; in-house, and upon receipt.
• Maintain product inventory, company vehicle, and work areas in clean, well-organized state.
• HS diploma or equivalent
• Two years of customer service experience required. Prefer some experience in inventory, distribution, and/or warehouse experience.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Strong customer service and listening skills required.
• Basic computer skills needed.
• Must be able to work Thursday – Sunday, 8:00 am until 6:30 pm and participate in the on-call rotation.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled