at We Are Blood
Posted on Oct. 25, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
We Are Blood is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Founded in 1951, our mission is to safeguard the community’s gifts of blood with uncompromising quality and excellence in customer service.
We are seeking a Blood Distribution Courier in our Hospital Services department for the NIGHT SHIFT. This position maintains and manages blood product inventory, as well as delivers and picks up product shipments to/from hospitals, clients, and other blood centers.
• Serve as primary customer service representative between the Center and the customer.
• Understand the unique inventory and service needs of each customer and select appropriate components for distribution.
• Log orders and shipments, ensuring accuracy and delivery time frames are met, with strict adherence to SOP.
• Inspect products or specimens and pack appropriately for shipment to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
• Perform irradiation procedures, including documentation and re-labeling of components.
• Complete all required documentation accurately with strict adherence to SOP.
• Monitor and document storage temperatures for all components; in-house, and upon receipt.
• Maintain product inventory, company vehicle, and work areas in clean, well-organized state.
• HS diploma or equivalent
• Two years of customer service experience required. Prefer some experience in inventory, distribution, and/or warehouse experience.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Strong customer service and listening skills required.
• Basic computer skills needed.
• Must be able to work Thursday – Sunday, 8:00 am until 6:30 pm and participate in the on-call rotation.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled