at We Are Blood
Posted on Nov. 27, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
We Are Blood serves over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it! We are currently seeking a Blood Distribution Courier for our Austin, Texas office.
1. To maintain and manage the inventory of blood products and to provide blood product distribution service in a regulated environment to hospitals, other blood centers, and clients.
2. Recognize and fulfill the unique inventory and service needs of each hospital and select appropriate components for distribution to ensure facility needs are met.
3. Manually and/or electronically log orders and shipments, ensuring accuracy and delivery time frames are met with strict adherence to SOP.
4. Demonstrate ability to multi-task in a fast paced regulated environment.
5. Inspect products or specimens and pack appropriately for shipment to ensure regulatory requirements are met for each type of shipment.
6. Perform irradiation procedures, including documentation and relabeling of components.
7. Deliver shipments to hospitals, other carriers or blood centers; and pick up shipments or specimens. Inspect and determine acceptability requirements for product return. Process expired platelets and/or red blood cells for further manufacturing and subsequent shipment to contracted entities.
8. Complete all required documentation accurately with strict adherence to cGMP and SOP.
9. Be responsible for monitoring and documenting storage temperatures for all components; in-house, and upon receipt. Take appropriate action in the occurrence of out-of-temp events.
10. Manage product inventory to reduce expiration rates while ensuring community needs are continually met.
11. Maintain vehicles and work areas in clean, well-organized state. Maintain an acceptable driving record.
12. Other duties as assigned.
• HS diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to either of these day shifts: Mon- Thurs, 10 am - 830 pm or Thurs - Sun, 8 am - 630 pm.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Two years of customer service experience required. Prefer some experience in inventory, distribution, and/or warehouse experience in a regulated environment.
• Some computer skills preferred.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out at www.WeAreBlood.org to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled