Posted on Aug. 7, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
Now Hiring Bilingual Paving Foreman
This is a skilled position requiring employee to supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in spreading, rolling, compacting, and patching asphalt or similar material to form surfaces of highways, streets, parking lots, aircraft landing strips, driveways, etc. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Paving.
• Ensuring the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job;
• Training new crew members;
• Calculating the number of trucks required to haul asphalt from the hot plant according to vehicle capacity, traffic conditions, distance from work site, and productivity of drivers;
• Touring job sites to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules, to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment, measure slope and material thickness to verify compliance with contracts, and to supervise the job;
• Supervising and coordinating crew activities, studying production schedules, and estimating work requirements for completion of job assignment in compliance with or beating the job estimate;
• Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing;
• Maintaining company policy;
• Recommends measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance;
• Will directly supervise asphalt paving employees;
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
• Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment;
• Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
• Ability to keep time and material records.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
• Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone.
• Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes.
• Perform any other general duties as specified
• Must Speak Spanish Fluently
• Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and at least 3 years of related asphalt and paving experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
• Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
• Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
• Report to work at the designated start time.
• Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required. This job is for a portable paving crew requiring extensive travel.
• Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Be able to work overtime when required.
• Maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements.
• Have a Motor Vehicle Record that meets company standards.
• Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
• Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
• Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.