Posted on Apr. 21, 2017
Starting Pay $10.00 Hour
The Bakery Clerk is responsible for preparing and packaging items sold in the bakery. This position also consults with customers on special orders when necessary. Another key duty would be taking orders over the phone and from the bakery counter. A strong focus on customer service is critical due to the high level of interaction with customers in the front end of the bakery.
Individuals interested in this opportunity must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Transporting inventory from pallets into the bakery
2. Tracking the use of bakery items and notifying Bakery Manager of items needing reordering
3. Creating appealing display cases
4. Rotating product to avoid the sale of stale or outdated items
5. Cleaning department , including floors, coolers, freezers, prep tables and bakery pots and pans
6. Keeping the bakery floor stocked and neat
7. Knowing and following all health, sanitation and safety guidelines.
1. Strong communication and customer service skills are a key qualification for this position due to high level of customer interactions.
2. Ability to address customer concerns in a calm, professional manner as needed.
3. Basic math and reading skills.
4. Must be able to perform basic physical requirements listed in a full job descriptions, which includes but are not limited to the following: lifting repeatedly on a daily basis, able to work long periods of standing and walking, able to repeatedly bend, stretch, squat, and twist on a daily basis,able to climb a ladder.
5. Should be able to perform independently and in a team environment.
this position is eligible to participate in 401(k) retirement plans. It also offers a membership to a credit union, vacation and holiday pay, and access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).