Posted on Apr. 17, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Bags Inc. is looking for a Baggage Service Office Representative in the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
The Baggage Service Office provides immediate assistance to customers whose baggage is mishandled by tracing and reuniting customers with their belongings. The BSO Representative will work in the BSO office at the airport to ensure the team is effectively working with customers to assist them with their delayed, damaged or pilfered. The BSO Representative must be empathetic and helpful to customers who have been separated from their belongings and must be resourceful when searching for valuable items or assisting a customer replace his/her damaged items.
Bags Inc. is the Baggage Service Office provider for a major airline carrier at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. This commercial airline provides passenger and cargo transportation throughout North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The Baggage Service Office Representative will interact with airline passengers in a courteous, efficient, friendly and professional manner:
• Process delayed, damaged and pilfered baggage claims in a timely manner and pursuant to company policy at Baggage Service Offices
• Ensure all baggage file information is complete and accurate in the computerized baggage tracking system, updating the file when applicable
• Amend existing files with baggage status in a timely manner and pursuant to company policy
• Close baggage claim files that have been resolved in a timely manner and pursuant to company policy
• Process all baggage tasks in the Task Manager Workflow
• Forward on-hand bags, including processing unclaimed bags and forwarding to Central Baggage Resolution Office in accordance with prescribed timelines
• Arrange baggage delivery with baggage service delivery providers
• Assist customers with damaged and pilfered bags, lost and found and loss and/or delay of assistive devices
• Process baggage refunds and interim expenses
• Understand and manage work based on DOT guidelines, limits to liability, Contract of Carriage and company policy
• Implement policies and procedures for Priority Parcel Service packages
• Log and manage Lost & Found/Left on Board items
• Additional related duties as deemed operationally necessary by baggage service supplier or airline
• Minimum high school diploma
• 2 to 3 years of customer service experience
• Airline industry experience is a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient computer skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work a fixed and/or rotating schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Frequently lift bags or items weighing up to and including 50 pounds
• Occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds
Our ideal candidate has similar work experience and is customer service oriented with the ability to multi-task. As a leading service provider, we commonly introduce cutting edge technologies into the organization, which drives the need for challenge seekers interested in mastering new skills. In addition, we often work in team environments where strong organizational and communication skills lead to success.
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume today, and thank you for your interest in Bags, Inc. !