Posted on May. 18, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Bags Inc. is NOW HIRING a Baggage Handler Service Agent to work in the Charlotte Douglas International Airport!
As a Baggage Handler, you will:
• Provide general information to passengers, give directions and flight information.
• Provide monitoring of the local baggage claim areas (carousels) as assigned, remove unclaimed baggage from carousel and assist agents in securing bags.
• Scan all bags in the claim area within 15 mins from carousel removal
• Assist customers with their baggage in any airport area. • Be able to recognize and enforce in the hazmat/dangerous goods program of the customer airline(s) concerning checked baggage.
• Carrying out other duties as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, & Oral Communication.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 18 years of age
• Have ability to demonstrate daily a fitness for duty without any impairment due to illegal drugs, sleep deprivation, medication, or alcohol
• Reliable transportation
• Eligible to work in the United States
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Certificates and Licenses: No certifications needed
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Continuously stand and walk for 6-8 hours • Repeatedly lift up to 70 pounds
• Must be able to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy bags
• Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, squat & reach out with arms, or legs
• Must be able to lift bags high enough to transport luggage Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume today, and thank you for your interest in Bags, Inc. !