at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jun. 29, 2017
Works independently to maintain and improve simple/manual, semi automated, and complex, automated manufacturing equipment. Maintenance activities include: troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic; hydraulic, electrical and controls systems; equipment performance improvement; corrective maintenance; and preventative maintenance.
* Completes maintenance activities such as: advanced troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, controls and electrical systems; uses the PLC and online ladder logic to troubleshoot machine control issues; equipment performance improvement projects; process validation activities; corrective maintenance tasks; and preventative maintenance tasks.
* Contributes to process optimization through equipment design improvements, improvements to operating and maintenance procedures, and maintenance activities.
* Independently troubleshoots complex equipment with a high degree of quality and reliability.
* Implements permanent corrective actions to eliminate recurrent problems.
* Continues to develop skills and knowledge on equipment and RF welding utilizing: self study; CiNet/OWL; and knowledgeable team members.
* Mentoring of less experienced mechanics to help build their skills.
* Maintains a high level of knowledge of the manufacturing technologies, processes and equipment to provide support for all processes and equipment in all areas.
* Develops a good understanding of the theory, process, and equipment for RF welding.
* Responds and executes work with a sense of urgency and utilizes support systems to minimize downtime.
* Performs all tasks in accordance with company and department policies, procedures, and guidelines.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* May be required to work on other shifts and to be "on call" as needed.
* May lead special projects.
* May handle, collect, label and transfer hazardous waste following established procedures and guidelines.
* Ability to successfully complete training on biohazards.
WORK SCHEDULE: *WEEKEND NIGHT SHIFT - THUR & FRI 10:00PM - 6:30AM WEEKEND SAT & SUN 6:00PM - 6:30AM*
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum 10 years experience.
* Works effectively and professionally with operations, team members, and engineers.
* Tasks are completed in a timely fashion and correct the first time.
* Workmanship meets or exceeds medical manufacturing industry documented and/or generally accepted standards.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Demonstrated understanding and compliance with all safety requirements.
* Highly proficient with tools, instrumentation, and test equipment.
* Proficient with metric and English measurement systems.
* Advanced understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, controls, and electrical systems.
* Highly proficient in electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, controls, and hydraulic maintenance techniques.
* Advanced electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and controls troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to read and understand complex mechanical, electrical drawings, flowcharts, and/or other drawings of a technical nature.
* Demonstrated ability to understand new and "first time worked on" mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, controls and electrical systems.
* Working understanding of programmable logic controllers (PLC).
* Proficient in the use of the PLC as a troubleshooting tool.
* Proficient with, and effective use of, relevant PC software applications.
* Demonstrated understanding and ability to troubleshoot networks.
* Ability to manage time effectively and in accordance with priorities.
* Demonstrated fluency with database and information systems as required by the department.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Obtain Automated Equipment Maintenance Mechanic certification per defined requirements and timeline.
* Achieve RF Welding qualification per defined timeline.
* Achieve Electrical Safety qualification's per defined timeline.
Manufacturing Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, and hand/finger dexterity.
* Must be able to work in a clean room environment, adhere to associated policies, and perform gowning of clean room attire in the allotted time prior to start up.
* Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500 pounds via cart or mechanized equipment.
* Requires good manual dexterity and visual acuity including ability to distinguish colors.
* Requires the ability to regularly perform repetitive motions and moderate force gripping.
* Must be able to work under florescent/LED lighting.
* Requires the ability to sit or stand through the duration of a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
STATE: Colorado (US-CO)
COUNTRY: United States
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.