Posted on Oct. 7, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
Goodwill is seeking an Assistant Coordinator of Retail Sales and Merchandising.
Provides operational oversight, training and merchandising assistance to eleven store teams. Works under the direction of the Coordinator of Retail Sales-Merchandising in assigned store locations. Opportunity to apply talent, experience and leadership in serving the Goodwill Mission of improving lives through the Power of Work. Includes a full range of benefits including Pension and Insurance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Works under the direction of the Coordinator in assigned store locations to ensure that retail policies and procedures, merchandising, pricing and customer service guidelines are followed and enforced by members of each store management team. Assigned weekly schedules will vary according to the 7-day per week store operations.
• Will provide oversight for training of all new store managers and will monitor the progress of training for all assistant managers and customer service managers.
• Will monitor weekly store team schedules for balance and adherence to allowed staffing levels.
• Will respond to phone and text requests for guidance on store operations and procedures, including after-hours calls and texts that require an immediate response.
• Ensures that proper merchandising, visual displays, and space allocation are in accordance with merchandising plans to meet projections for sales per square foot and average sale per transaction by weekly visits to assigned locations.
• Assists managers in developing the merchandising, sales and customer service skills of their store team. Assists store teams with merchandising or floor projects as needed.
• Performs evaluations of store appearance, effective merchandising, customer service and adherence to retail policies and procedures on a periodic basis as assigned by the Coordinator.
• Assists store managers in preparing introductory and annual performance reviews of retail employees.
• Supports the mission of Goodwill and ensures that the mission is supported and promoted by all store teams.
• Attends all in-service training sessions, including First Aid/CPR training as scheduled.
• Follows all safety rules and regulations. Maintains current certifications in First Aid and CPR and administers First Aid and CPR as required.
• Must have two years management experience, preferably in retail apparel sales. Must have experience in retail merchandising. Experience in providing oversight for multiple retail stores a plus. Must have insured vehicle to be used for store-related travel. Must have a cell phone.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must have a valid Oklahoma resident driver’s license, with a good driving record.
• Must be eligible for positive outcome on required resident state criminal conviction background check.
• Must maintain appropriate requirements for legal vehicle operation including current automobile insurance and license plates.
• Must be available to work a varied retail schedule including opening and closing work shifts throughout a seven day week and for periodic overnight travel.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Training is over a period up to and including six months.
• Climbing, balancing, talking, hearing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling and seeing.
• Lifting/Carrying: Medium work-- Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
• Pushing/Pulling: Heavy work--Pushing/Pulling 100 lbs. maximum with frequent pushing/pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Interested candidates may apply in person, online or for immediate attention you can send your resume via email.