at Terumo BCT
Posted on Mar. 11, 2017
Terumo BCT is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Associate Project Manager (Operations), which is responsible for creating, managing, coordinating, and successfully executing plans to complete projects in support of business and technical initiatives. This person will adhere to Terumo BCT practices for project governance and communicate important milestones and achievements as well as risks as they relate to projects.
* Works with internal partners to create and executes project plans, managing scope, schedule and cost within plan.
* Maintains general knowledge of industry and Terumo BCT regulatory and publication standards and applies this knowledge to the completion of all projects.
* Work with service providers and internal partners on routine matters, implementing the various tactics required for the job.
* Forecasts and strives to meet project deadlines and budgets. Takes the initiative to report on project status and budget. Anticipates and alerts manager and internal partners of potential project difficulties.
* Ensures proper assignment and coordination of resources per plan.
* Facilitates the gathering of project materials.
* Resolves project-related issues and/or escalates to supervisor in a timely fashion.
* Tracks and reports status and metrics on the project delivery and value; works to resolve and/or escalates to functional management, any deviations (or potential deviations) from plan.
* Delivers informative, well-organized reports on project status and selected project topics.
* Manages content within a content management system, creates output mechanisms, analyzes system workflows and provides suggestions for improvements when required.
* Participates as a member of a project team. Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
* Executes organizational policies and procedures with supervisor guidance and makes recommendations for changes.
* Uses proven leadership abilities to collaborate with all functional groups to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects for which they are solely accountable.
* Drives continuous improvement of Terumo BCT's project, program, and portfolio management methodologies and processes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in business, science, engineering or technical related field or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 4 years experience.
* Experience as a project manager preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of project management disciplines, methodologies and tools.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage multiple projects and project teams.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain frequent communications and interactions with service providers including selection, specification of projects, negotiation, and quality checks.
* Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
* Dedicated to quality customer service, with proactive response to stakeholder needs.
* Ability to integrate subject matter expert input to develop project plans.
* Ability to identify conflicts and either resolve or quickly escalate for resolution.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively, including MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, MS OneNote, MS Access, MS InfoPath Designer, MS SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Mindjet MindManager and SAP.
* Demonstrated experience using design controls for process development and Lean Six Sigma for process improvement in manufacturing, distribution, and systems development environments preferred.
* An agent of change motivated to inspire associates to simplify and outperform preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Certified Project Management Professional and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (or equivalent) preferred.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
* Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the recruiter at:
We have preferred partners, no agency calls please