Posted on Aug. 25, 2016
Assistant Store Manager
dd's Discount Inc. - Oklahoma City, OK
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is responsible for management and supervision of all assigned departments and all non-exempt employees. The ASM will assists in managing and controlling the operations of the store to ensure that company standards and expectations are consistently met. Additionally, the ASM will supervise areas assigned by the Store Manager and follow the Ross philosophy and policies in regard to customers, Associates and merchandising. The ASM is responsible for learning all phases of store operations. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for the entire store operation and will execute the business plan and associated programs that will deliver the desired sales and profit results, while maintaining good quality customer service.
* Executes customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation programs through Associate training and program supervision.
* Supervises and coaches retail associates in providing efficient and friendly service at the registers, Customer Service desk, fitting rooms, sales floor etc.
* Monitors the maintenance of Customer Service, Sizing and Markdowns to corporate goal. Merchandise Processing , In-Store Marketing and Store Appearance
* Urgently approaches processing merchandise to the selling floor within company timeframe.
* Ensures merchandise is presented and organized utilizing Ross Merchandising Philosophy and Guidelines.
* Ensures markdowns are processed according to policy on an accurate and timely basis.
* Maintains a high standard of house keeping with help of contracted maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.
* Manages store recovery to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment. Shortage
* Monitors inventory shortage programs in store and monitors programs to ensure compliance. Understands company and store inventory results and goals.
* Assists in leading the annual inventory process including preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
* Assists with training Associates on Loss Prevention awareness and store shortage goals.
* Monitors mark-out-of-stock policy to ensure proper administration.
GENERAL OPERATING REQUIREMENTS:
* Understands the Star Visit program and is directly involved with Visit feedback and follow-up as needed.
* Assists in the analysis of monthly store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall store performance.
* Communicates any variances to company standards to the Store Manager.
* Ensures proper scheduling of employees to meet business objectives.
* Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
* Accepts special assignments as directed by management. Organizational Development
* Assists in recruiting, hiring, training and developing non-exempt Associates.
* Ensures compliance of Ross personnel policies and procedures.
* Assists with Employee Relations issues by communicating any incidents to the Store Manager or District Managers as needed.
* Maintains adherence to company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and customers.
* Assists in the Facilitation of monthly safety meetings.
* Ensures compliance of all state, local and federal regulations. Expense Control
* Assists in the management of and continuous monitoring of actual expenditures to be within budget.
* Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
* Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day).
* Must be able to raise or lower objects weighing up to 25 lbs, from one level to another (includes upward pulling).
* Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and duration will vary per daily business need).
* Direct supervision of all non-exempt employees.