Posted on Sep. 19, 2016
The Assistant Service Manager is responsible for enumerating mechanical problems on customer vehicles, providing customers with an estimate of repairs, and promoting the sale of additional services.
The Assistant Service Manager also receives cash from customers and employees in payment for goods or services and records the amount received in an accurate manner. S/he is sometimes the customer's last contact with the dealership and therefore must represent the dealership in a friendly, professional manner.
B. Minimum Qualifications:
1. Computer proficiency (s/he will be trained on dealership computers, cash drawer and other office machines)
2. High school diploma or equivalent
3. Valid driver's license and driving record consistent with company policy and insurance carrier requirements
C. Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
1. Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate (both verbal and written) with dealership personnel and customers
2. Good reading and writing skills, including an ability to prepare and understand repair orders
3. Mathematical and fundamental money skills, including ability to manage customer receipts, prepare estimates, and operate/manage a cash drawer
4. Analytical skills
5. Organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments to completion
6. Marketing and selling skills
7. Ability to operate a computer
8. Basic understanding of automobile mechanics
9. Ability to operate vehicles (automatic and standard transmissions)
10. Ability to access vehicle
11.Ability to stand for eight to ten hours per shift
12. Available to work a flexible schedule where days and number of hours is different each week.
D.Essential Job Functions:
1. Receive cash, checks, and credit card payments from customers, record the amount received, issue a receipt to customer, and receive approved authorization of check (e.g., Telecheck or other authorized service)
2.Operate cash drawer
3. Compute or recompute the customer's bill using the dealership's computer system
4. Finalize bill and print repair orders
5. Ascertain and record totals shown on cash drawer tape and verify against cash on hand (cash must be maintained with minimal overages and shortages)
6. Other Job Functions assigned.
E. Additional Responsibilities:
1. Accomplish the forecast that has been established by the General Manager and Service Director
2. Keep Quick Pricing Guide, Signals Checklist, Maintenance Menus, and other service department forms up-to-date
3. Maintain average sales and number of R.O.'s per day as established by the Service Director
4. Maintain CSI Rating established by the General Manager and Service Director
5. Encourage customers' participation in factory surveys
6. Attend departmental meetings and seminars as directed
7. Ensure that all documents are accounted for
8. Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of waste, OSHA right to know, etc.
9.Maintain a clean work area and assist with housekeeping in all areas of the dealership (for example, by picking up or discarding trash found on the premises)
10. Must adhere to company policies and rules
11.Must adhere to the Personal Protective Equipment policy
12. Maintain a professional appearance and/or wear Gunn attire
F. Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The Service Manager works in the service lane, which is an open area. S/he will inspect vehicles for mechanical problems and related repairs. S/he will stand at least eight (8) to ten (10) hours per shift. S/he will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. S/he will be responsible for road testing. The Service Manager will also work with a cash drawer, computer, and adding machine and will work with the public. The Service Manager/Assistant must be available to work flexible schedule where days and number of hours is different each week.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
*Visit us on 9/28 from 10a to 2p.
*Click Apply now for the location address.