at Big O Tires
Posted on Aug. 2, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance
Assistant Mechanic / Alignment Technician - Louisville
Joining the team at a Big O Tires store is more than just taking a job, as many employees have worked their way up from the service bays or sales floors into store management positions, partnerships and ultimately into store ownership.
• 5 1/2 -Day Work Weeks
• Excellent Starting Salary
• Annual Performance Reviews
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacations
• Employee Discounts
• Company Uniform Program
This is not just a career opportunity, but an opportunity to possibly own your own business someday. We teach our Sales Staff to be Managers & our Managers to be Store Owners.
Education requirements• High school diploma or equivalency preferred
Qualifications• Valid driver’s license required
• Basic Mechanical skills and tools required
• Must be comfortable working on desktop computer
• Basic knowledge and understanding of vehicle maintenance and ability to identify major components
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to perform minor repairs and wear item replacement
• Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Must adhere to company uniform and appearance standards
• Brake and D.O.T certification preferred
• Ability to perform occasional lifting of 50 lbs.; standing/walking/stooping/kneeling 8 hour days
• Ability to work in indoor/outdoor environments, noisy conditions and near hazardous chemicals (paint, brake cleaner, etc.)
• Strong team player
• Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions
• Able to work a flexible schedule and be able to vary the start and finish times, possibly including weekends and holidays.
• Quick study, self-motivated problem solver with a high degree of integrity and be able perform job duties with direction on a timely basis.
Responsibilities• Adhere to all safety guidelines
• Perform preventative maintenance on all vehicles in accordance to Company standards
• Perform repairs to vehicles (scheduled and non-scheduled)
• Maintain a high level of customer service and satisfaction to support a good working relationship with all departments
• Maintain shop cleanliness and safety standards according to Company and OSHA regulations
For address to apply in person or to email resume please complete the "Quick Apply" box at the top of the page and complete the prompts.