Posted on Nov. 16, 2016
Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Ready to start or grow your career in hospitality at the newest and trendiest hotel on Clearwater Beach, Florida? Look no further, we are currently evaluating top talent in a variety of positions.
We are currently accepting applications for an Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
Ocean Properties, Ltd. & Affiliates (OPL) is one of the largest and most dynamic privately held hotel and resort management and development companies in North America. With an award-winning portfolio of over 100 hotels and 17,000 guestrooms, the company operates major brands such as Marriott, Hilton, Starwood and Intercontinental, as well as several independent hotels and resorts. Each property benefits from a strong corporate culture and powerful economies of scale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Implements standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
• Inspects and evaluates physical condition of establishment.
• Submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space.
• Periodically inventories supplies and equipment.
• Investigates new and improved cleaning instruments and methods.
• Recruit, screen & hire new applicants for housekeeping area.
• Counsel & coach employees on attendance, behavior.
• Attend education programs to stay abreast of changes and innovations in cleaning techniques, new products, equipment, safety regulations & material.
• Monitors and orders supplies, equipment and materials needed.
• Manages employee hours and monitors overtime.
• Conducts daily public area meeting to discuss staffing, special assignments and policy changes with housekeeping employees.
• Meets with housekeeping supervisors to follow up & resolve concerns.
• Conducts rounds with the Executive Housekeeper and Supervisors to maintain quality.
• Maintain excellent guest, employee, interdepartmental and management relations.
• Motivates department to create a harmonious working environment for all departments.
• Creates schedules and reports as needed.
• Maintain attendance records for Housekeeping associates.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
University program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.