Posted on Mar. 17, 2017
Join Apple Tree Learning Center and make a difference in the lives of children as an Assistant Director!
Purpose: To assist the Director in the development, planning, coordinating and implementation of quality, meaningful and developmentally age appropriate learning for the children and families of Apple Tree Learning Center.
• Work with program staff to ensure all caregivers and staff are properly screened, trained and understand the vision of the program.
• Work with the Director to post and enforce policies, procedures, security and safety of Apple Tree Learning Center.
• Distribute communication as necessary.
• Maintain teacher schedules to ensure classroom shifts are covered at appropriate DFPS ratios and maintaining ATLC policy by refraining from unapproved overtime.
• Observe staff on a regular basis to assure that curriculum and methods are age appropriate and consistent with ATLC philosophy.
• Function as Director in the absence of Director which may include training and or conferences as needed. This may Include staff management, parent resolutions, and redirection of unacceptable student behavior.
• Knowledge of DFPS Minimum Standard and Apple Tree Learning Center Policy.
• Maintain excellent communication, cooperation and coordination with all staff and able to treat all staff fairly and impartially.
• Assist In facilitating event meetings as needed. Coordinate hospitality for staff meetings, including but not limited to light meal or snack, drinks, and staff recognition.
• Coordinate with maintenance/custodial, corporate or IT staff to ensure that office, classrooms and furnishings are properly maintained.
• Daily Lock/Unlock procedures depending upon shift according to ATLC policy.
• Safety inspections to Include fire drills, severe weather drills and manage documentation.
• Receive and document all program inquiries to include scheduling and facilitating tours.
• Receive and enter family information into database
• Student file management per DFPS and ATLC policy
• Manage and maintain all student flies to include immunization records, contact Information and CCMS updates and authorizations.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director specific to the function as Assistant Director.
Acquire 50 training hours annually per the ATLC Professional Development Policy.
Reports to the Director, in her absence the corporate designee.
• Routinely informs Director of facility incidents such as illness, comments, or concerns from students, staff or parents.
• Must report grievances to Director initially. In the event the situation cannot be remedied, the
Director will then consult with the corporate designee or the owner whichever is deemed most appropriate for the situation.
• Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
• Experience in licensed childcare setting or equivalent education.
• Ability to supervise staff of various education and background experiences.
• Recognize and respect the uniqueness and potential of all children, staff and their families, and their cultures.
• Demonstrate competency, good judgment and self-control in the presence of children, staff and parents.
• Ability to seek supervision and use It constructively.
• Ability to maintain and implement professional appearance, attitude and attendance according to ATLC policy handbook.
• Know and comply with the minimum standards for child care centers.
• Understand the Texas Rising Star Accreditation and the requirements necessary to hold the accreditation.
• Basic computer knowledge including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheets, child care software
• Utilizes time well and Is well-organized
• Exhibits flexibility
• Understands and is able to recognize the need for confidentiality in the administration office, classroom, staff and family information.
Click the QUICK APPLY link to APPLY NOW!