at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jul. 15, 2016
ARE YOU 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER WITH A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA/GED?
If you answered 'Yes' Apply to become an Assembler at Terumo BCT!
ASSEMBLER- 2ND & 3 RD SHIFT *FULL BENEFITS AND LIGHT RAIL PASS*
PAY RATE: **2ND SHIFT AT $13.00/HR + SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL OF $1.00/HR** **3RD SHIFT AT $13.00/HR + SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL OF $1.60/HR**
POSITION ELIGIBLE FOR BONUS: YES
POSITION ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS AND PAID TIME OFF: YES
SHIFTS: HIRING FOR MONDAY - FRIDAY, 2ND & 3 RD SHIFT*
* 2ND SHIFT: MONDAY - FRIDAY, 2:00PM - 10:30PM (40 HOURS/WEEK)
* 3RD SHIFT: MONDAY - FRIDAY 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM (37.5 HOURS/WEEK). ALL OTHER SHIFTS ARE BASED ON A 40-HOUR WORK WEEK (FRIDAY WORKDAY ENDS ON SATURDAY MORNING)
TO BE INVITED TO THE TERUMO BCT INTERVIEW DAY YOU MUST APPLY TO THE ASSEMBLER POSITION ON THE TERUMO BCT CAREER WEBSITE.
START DATES ARE GRANTED AFTER COMPLETING AND CLEARING PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING.
ALL NOTIFICATIONS AND STATUS UPDATES FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE VIA EMAIL USING THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USE TO LOG IN TO YOUR PROFILE ON THIS CAREER SITE. PLEASE KEEP YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION UPDATED IN YOUR PROFILE - YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AT ANY TIME ON YOUR PROFILE. SELECTED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE AN INVITATION VIA EMAIL TO ATTEND A GROUP INTERVIEW. (TIP: REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL / SPAM MAIL FOLDER IN YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT.)
APPLICANTS WHO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WILL BE REQUIRED TO TAKE AND PASS A DRUG SCREEN AND BACKGROUND CHECK (INCLUDES EDUCATION VERIFICATION AND CRIMINAL HISTORY) IN ORDER TO BE HIRED BY TERUMO BCT. TERUMO BCT IS A FEDERAL CONTRACTOR AND OUR DRUG SCREEN AND POLICIES FOLLOW FEDERAL LAW.
The primary responsibilities of this position require work to be conducted in a medical manufacturing clean room environment. Tasks include learning and performing procedures and associated documentation to assemble, bond, or weld components or subassemblies together in accordance with assembly drawings and written or verbal procedures.
* Performs area clearance and verification of Material Equipment and Documentation (MED's) and executes successive checks on product.
* Maintains accountability for product and process quality levels and required documentation.
* Complies with various governmental regulatory agency guidelines i.e. ISO, OSHA, GMPs, etc. on the manufacturing floor.
* Pro-actively stops production if a quality issue arises and may participate in the resolution process.
* Participates in all required quality, process, team, and safety training.
* Alerts leadership personnel of coverage problems within a work cell or production area.
* Understands the quality needs of a clean room environment, adheres to associated policies, adheres to the company's personal hygiene standards, and performs gowning of clean room attire in the allotted time prior to start up.
* Adheres to strict attendance guidelines.
* Demonstrates basic understanding of manufacturing operating procedures and quality systems required to assemble, bond, or weld subassemblies or assemblies together.
* Learns and applies proper use and techniques for pressure gauges, calipers, flow meters, micrometers, and indicator dials.
* Completes on-going training and demonstrates knowledge of ergonomic principles and how to apply them.
* Completes on-going training and can communicate knowledge and apply procedures for handling hazardous waste.
* Ability to build multiple products and assemblies of all sizes under all company and quality guidelines.
* THIS ROLE REQUIRES WORKING IN A CLEAN ROOM ENVIRONMENT WHICH ENTAILS WEARING APPROPRIATE CLEANROOM ATTIRE OVER YOUR CLOTHING. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT A CLEAN ROOM ENVIRONMENT IS, PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
Previous assembly experience helpful but not required.
* Requires effective interpersonal skills and behaviors conducive to a service/team oriented environment including giving and receiving constructive feedback (e.g., diplomacy, tact, flexibility, positive approach).
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Reading and comprehending manufacturing procedures written in English including assembly prints and engineering drawings. Able to work from written procedures.
* Ability to learn and be familiar with process controls and other quality methods with basic computation skills (such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Manufacturing Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, and hand/finger dexterity.
* Must be able to work in a clean room environment, adhere to associated policies, and perform gowning of clean room attire in the allotted time prior to start up.
* Requires ability to lift up to 25 pounds and transport up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
* Requires good manual dexterity and visual acuity including ability to distinguish colors.
* Must be able to maintain pace with the assembly line.
* Requires the ability to regularly perform repetitive motions.
* Must be able to work under florescent lighting.
* Requires the ability to bond using repetitive moderate force gripping.
* Requires the ability to sit or stand through the duration of a shift.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.