Posted on Oct. 10, 2016
$10.75 - $13.50/hour
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST HAVE A VALID STATE OF OKLAHOMA CLEET ARMED SECURITY LICENSE. If you do not have a valid license, please apply for one of our other open positions.
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an armed Custom Protection Officer. G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities.
• Perform armed security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
• Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
• Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
• Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
• Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
• Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
• Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
• Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
• Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
• Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
Must possess one or more of the following:
• Associate's degree or higher in any discipline
• Service in the active duty military, military reserves or National Guard
• Service in auxiliary police or police cadets
• Meaningful and verifiable work history
• Minimum of one year verifiable and successful security experience
• Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
• Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Active listening skills
• Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
• Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
• Attention to detail
• Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the State
• Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
• Must have access to reliable transportation
• Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
• Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
• Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Upon acceptance of a job offer, must be able to pass the following:
• MMPI - Psychological testing, if armed or otherwise required
• Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract
Physical Requirements and Environment:
• Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
• Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
Interested candidates may apply through our website or "Quick Apply."