at Bags, Inc
Posted on Nov. 16, 2016
An Area Manager has multi-site responsibility in a geographical region. The Area Manager ensures all accounts perform to the standards of operational excellence in accordance with customized operating plans. The Area Manager demonstrates effective leadership, strong customer service focus, human resource management and budget management.
• Routinely visit all locations for which they are responsible to ensure proper operating procedures, corporate policies, appearance and cleanliness guidelines, and rules and regulations are being followed. Identify all existing and potential operational problems, make proactive recommendations and administer appropriate disciplinary action for violations.
• Ensure proper and timely revenue reporting and daily deposit procedures are followed. This includes proper ticket control, monthly parker permits and validations stamps, and the accurate maintenance of receipts, card lists and card key deposits and inventories.
• Establish custom operating manuals for all accounts for which they are responsible and update existing operating manuals as needed.
• Ensure effective management of claims and make recommendations of corrective actions when appropriate.
• Provide a mandatory and prompt response to emergency situations during normally scheduled "off duty hours".
• Ensure compliance with all OSHA guidelines and promote a safe work environment by embracing and enforcing safe work habits and behaviors.
Client Retention & Satisfaction
• Manage locations for which they are responsible pursuant to their contractual requirements.
• Evaluate and understand the client needs with respect to the operation and ensure the client’s needs are met or exceeded (e.g. proper and timely communications, responsiveness, etc.).
• Ensure pro-active communication with client regarding opportunities to improve operations.
• Resolve client and customer requests, concerns and issues diplomatically.
• Look for value-added opportunities to enhance services to our existing clients with other services provided by the company (e.g., remote airline check-in, delivery, etc.)
Financial Planning & Budget Management
• Ensure the accounts operate within the budget and make recommendations to attain budget if unforeseen circumstances cause negative variances.
• Perform general accounting duties and payroll analyses.
• Manage workers compensation expenses through proper work place safety training and equipment maintenance.
• Is familiar and knowledgeable of all labor operating systems (e.g., Watson) and human resource policies and procedures.
• Mentor / engage multiple levels of leadership to create a pipeline for future growth.
• Develop, staff, train and supervise a team of employees at all locations for which they are responsible.
• Identify proper staffing levels for attendants, cashiers, customer service representatives and Facility Managers, including vacation and sick call coverage.
• Encourage Workplace Safety by promoting the Four A’s: Attitude, Awareness, Action, and Accountability.
Marketing & Revenue Optimization
• Constantly aware of market rates and makes suggestions, when appropriate to make changes.
• Reviews and understands how revenue leakage, if any, is impacting our clients. Make suggestions to eliminate or limit such exposure.
• Ensure hours of operation optimize revenue given demand during those days/times.
• Minimum of four (4) years in parking industry and management experience, with multiple location parking management preferred.
• 4-year degree preferred.
• Demonstrate ability to lead and motivate team members. Focus on leadership development including succession planning, mentoring, providing opportunities for their professional growth, etc.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and extremely well organized.
• Enthusiastic about customer service and client satisfaction.
• Ability to multi-task or work independently.
• Experience in the review of profit and loss statements preferred.
• Project management experience / skills.
• License Requirement: Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving record.