Posted on Dec. 15, 2017
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT:
ACMAs need ALL advancements. Sometimes a glucose class includes insulin instruction without having a specific ‘insulin’ credential.
The Department of Veterans Affairs a 24/7 long term facility is currently seeking ACMA in Claremore, OK.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct and indirect non-professional nursing care or outreach services in a clinic, hospital, institution or home setting under nursing or medical supervision. This includes performing duties such as taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, charting, escorting patients, assisting with activities of daily living, and ordering and receiving supplies.
The OK Department of Veterans Affairs provides a wide array of benefits for full-time staff along with competitive salaries.
***Interested candidates are encouraged to email their resume to us today. Click “Quick Apply” to start the application process.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Administers medications to residents per doctor’s orders, utilizing the Rights of Medication Administration guidelines
• Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
• Charts observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient’s condition.
• Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
• Escorts patients to and from various destinations.
• Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment.
• Orders, receives and stores supplies and performs basic clerical functions.
• Participates in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedules appointments and performs other related tasks.
• Provides case finding and recruitment of at risk persons for comprehensive health services.
This is the leadership level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibility for providing guidance, training, and assignment of work activities to other patient care assistant staff, and perform more advanced duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level consist of those identified in Level II plus knowledge of planning and organizing work assignments. Ability is also required to monitor and direct the work of others; to judge a situation accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Education and Experience required at this level consists of three years of experience in providing patient care.