Posted on Mar. 12, 2018
Are you looking for the chance to learn, grow, and contribute to the community? If so, The Sullivan University System is an organization that is truly committed in making a difference for our student and employees. We were named one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for three years in a row, because we truly believe you do not need to choose between making a living and making a difference.
At The Sullivan University System, you will find a host of career opportunities, an environment that values creativity, a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding, and an organization that values people. We offer a generous benefits package, a competitive salary, comprehensive training, tuition reimbursement and a professional work environment.
Currently, we are looking for an Admissions Officer for Spencerian College. This position works to locate, inform, interest, and enroll the quality and quantity of students necessary to ensure enrollment objectives and the needs of the student are met.
Education requirements• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience requirements• Three years related experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Responsibilities• Procures and follows-up on prospective student referrals from applicants and other sources.
• Effectively manages all inquiries in accordance with standards operating procedures and best practices.
• Successfully utilizes and manages online chat program to assist website visitors and recruit potential students.
• Conducts interviews and tours with prospective students; determines whether the student meets admission requirements and is otherwise qualified for their program of interest, makes judgment concerning whether student will be successful within the school and/or program of choice and works to ensure the student is enrolled in the most appropriate program; refers to other programs or locations as appropriate.
• Achieves enrollment, activity and outreach goals on an ongoing basis and acts ethically and with integrity in all activities in the course of employment with The Sullivan University System
• Strictly adheres to the provisions of the SUS Admissions Code of Conduct.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of and complies with all applicable corporate, state, and federal regulations and policies for Admissions.
• Facilitates the student’s enrollment and registration process by ensuring proper completion of the enrollment agreement, collection of related fees, scheduling of admissions testing and financial planning appointment, notice of registration and orientation dates and so forth.
• Ensures retention of enrolled students by maintaining contact with applicant until they begin class; accurately forecasts projected new students as requested by management.
• Promptly cancels non-responsive applicants and accurately forecasts projected new students as requested by management.
• Maintains accurate and timely recordkeeping of activities and statuses related to prospective students in the Campus Vue system and Talisma.
• Successfully completes all new-hire and ongoing training courses in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the core competencies of the position, including work planning and organizational skills; communication, interpersonal skills and professional development; job knowledge and compliance; judgment and decision making; and teamwork and management.
• Maintains acceptable ratings on the Admissions Experience Survey.
• Assists with and attends department events such as scholarship day, open house and graduation ceremonies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required.
• Basic knowledge of financial aid programs and procedures.
• Proficient knowledge of academic programs offered by the school.
• Proficient knowledge of all corporate, state, and federal regulations and policies applicable to the position.
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to function efficiently and utilize good time management skills in a fast paced and demanding work environment.
• Ability to effectively utilize a computerized lead tracking and data management system, as well as proficient knowledge of Microsoft office products.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to hear and speak well enough to communicate with students, visitors, faculty, and staff face to face and via the telephone.
• Ability to conduct extensive phone communications with prospective or enrolled students.
• Ability to maneuver about the facilities in order to give tours to prospective students and families.
Work hoursVarious Work Hours
The Sullivan University System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.