Posted on Sep. 13, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Windmoor Healthcare, located in Clearwater Florida is a 144-bed comprehensive behavioral health care facility that provides a wide range of inpatient and partial hospitalization programs and services. Our facility has been providing intensive treatment of dual diagnosis issues and the comprehensive approach is highly individualized, designed to guide patients and their families through the process of intervention, assessment and treatment.
Apply through this posting to email your resume directly to our site recruiter!
Education requirementsGraduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
• Currently licensed as a Register Nurse in the state of Florida
• Current CPR Certification required
• Current Florida Driver’s License
Must be able to pass the AHCA livescan fingerprinting background screen.
Experience requirementsPrefer one (1) year experience in Behavioral Health as a Registered Nurse. Prefer six (6) months in psychiatric nursing. Knowledge of current nursing procedures, the nursing process, medications and their correct administration
Responsibilities• Provide direct care to adult patients with psychiatric disorders, as well as substance abuse
• Ensure the safety and well-being of the patients
• Assess, direct, delegate, coordinate, and evaluate patient care in accordance with the nursing process and the standards of care
• Recognize and takes immediate action in crisis situations
• Provides patient and family teaching and in-group settings
• Promote unit cohesiveness through positive peer support
• Evaluates the effectiveness and implications of own decisions.