at Terumo BCT
Posted on Sep. 7, 2016
Under minimal supervision, the Administrative Assistant will support our software division and the VP of Global Technology by performing a wide range of administrative support activities. This is a fast-paced department with over 100 employees, and the person in this role will operate as a liaison within the department and between our Software team and our Innovation and Development teams (and other collaborating teams).
* Provides complex administrative expertise that are particular to position or department that are routine and non-routine in nature.
* Establishes, implements, and maintains procedures and systems for processing work, cyclical tasks and projects, communicating schedules, keeping records, board meetings, special council meetings, agendas, etc.
* Assists in producing departmental budget and related planning documents.
* Coordinates travel, workshops and meetings, and reviews meeting expenses for payment.
* Performs orders, maintains office supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
* Composes correspondence, establishes formats, and edits work for content.
* Performs file searches as requested, or in conjunction with other assigned duties, and maintains appropriate controls over materials taken out of the filing system.
* Identifies process improvements where necessary and assists in planning and implementing new procedures and programs.
* Develops or participates in preparation and completion of special projects, particularly presentations.
* Establishes, revises, and maintains office filing systems that require the filer to employ knowledge of department operations, discretion in determining the proper place for filing documents, and to have an effective retrieval system.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs general reception duties on occasion by receiving incoming calls and visitors to the department or area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma or GED.
* Some college course work preferred.
Minimum 3 years experience.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Requires good knowledge of math principles, English, and spelling.
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and behaviors conducive to a service/team-oriented environment (e.g., diplomacy, tact, flexibility, positive approach).
* Ability to plan and meet deadlines, prioritizes, and handles several projects simultaneously.
* Planning skills to be self-directing and to work with a minimum of supervision.
* Demonstrated effective problem solving capability with creativity in providing solutions to new issues to exploring alternatives.
* Knowledge and ability to organize meetings, travel schedules, and other arrangements.
* Skilled in taking and transcribing dictation involving technical and complex vocabulary.
* Ability to work effectively in an environment that includes constant interruptions.
* Ability to handle high volume, potentially confidential and complex administrative work.
* Good working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to handle repetitive motion work such as keyboard, sorting, and filing.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.