at Carmel Manor
Posted on Nov. 14, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Cincinnati, Ohio Northern Kentucky
Under the supervision of the Activities Director, assists in carrying out the Activities program which covers: Spiritual, Social, Educational, Recreational, Work-type and Diversional Activities for the residents which is an integral part of their total care plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in carrying out the activity program of arts, crafts, and recreation.
• Introduces new projects and/or activities and encourages resident involvement.
• Assists to help transport and attend residents during entertainment or outside programs.
• Assures proper care, use storage and protection of tools and equipment.
• Assists in keeping activity areas in order by cleaning up after functions.
• Keeps progress notes up to date.
• Remains in craft room or other activities areas with residents unless relieved by another staff member.
• Keeps daily attendance/participation of residents.
• Observes precautions to be used against accidents of residents and self.
• Reports to Nursing Service any changes noted in residents during a given activity.
• Assists in shopping for departmental supplies.
• Attends workshops, in-services, meetings inside and outside the facility as recommended by house policy.
• Knows procedures for Fire, Safety and Disaster and participates in Drills and emergencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Completion of an accredited High School or its equivalent.
Workable knowledge of arts, crafts and recreation. Must have the ability and desire to work with ALL AGES, whether they be: well, ill, confused and/or disabled.
Must be able to push wheelchairs, ambulate long distances in and outside of facility while pushing wheelchairs / geri-chairs. Must be able to reach up, bend down, stoop and carry various game objects. Must be able to lead physical exercises and be able to move and demonstrate movements.
CLICK APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!