Posted on Aug. 11, 2017
The Accounts Receivable Clerk reports to the Controller and is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services.
Ensure excellent service and guess correspondence with credit card and payment inquiries.
Reconcile bank account with daily cash reconciliation journal; validate deposits in transit; reconcile bank accounts monthly to General Ledger.
Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Controller of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards (AMEX, DINERS, etc.). Maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards. Reconcile credit cards monthly to General Ledger.
Set up new vendor accounts in accordance with established policy
Route invoices with purchase order attached to department heads and Executive Committee members for approval. Ensure account coding is accurate and all invoices are being returned on a timely basis.
Process all approved invoices for payment -- ensure all appropriate signatures and back-up attached.
Reconcile outstanding checks with AP aging report, monthly.
Handle all vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements.
Maintain open invoices file, paid invoices file and voided check file in an organized and up-to-date manner.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Creating accounts
- Setting up accounts while tracking and logging advance deposits
- Completing Post-Con critiques
- Ensuring that all accounts are up to date
- Making weekly collection calls on past due accounts, maintain notes in AR file.
- Working with other departments on ensuring accuracy of specific accounts.
- Handling night audit packs, charge backs, processing tax exemptions, and etc.
This is an hourly position.
Previous experience preferred.