Posted on Jul. 17, 2017
Michael's Finer Meats and Seafoods, a Division of the Chefs' Warehouse, is a great place to work with a lively team environment that makes you feel like you're part of the family. We have been serving the finest restaurants and steakhouses since 1962 and we wouldn't be where we are today without the talented and dedicated people, who cut, package, sell and deliver Michael's Finer Meats and Seafoods.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk
Records payments to customers' accounts and maintains accounts receivable records by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Manage customer profiles including the creation of new customer accounts and account maintenance.
• Interface with sales team & supply them with proper invoicing and reporting as requested.
• Preparation and delivery of monthly customer statements and missing/unsigned invoice report.
• Cash management and deposits - detailing remittance for cash payments and CC payments.
• AR support for Credit Manager (customer payment research, tracking payment plans, etc.)
• Post customer payments to the accounts receivable ledger in the system
• Processes daily credit card payments.
• Files check stubs and bank receipts.
• Researches and processes customer claims of invoice payment.
• Assist in the research and process of charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
• Assists with related special projects, as required.
• Interface with customers supplying them with invoices and reports as well as following up on short paid and skipped invoices.
• Serve as a backup for Receptionist and other office staff as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent verbal, telephone, and written communication skills
• Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work under pressure
• Ability to work well with all departments and levels of staff, both internally & externally.
• Self-motivated, professional, goal-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
College degree desired but not required
• One to three months related experience and/or training; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions,
• Craft short correspondence, and memos using Outlook and MS Word
• Ability to formulate opinions and speak in front of an audience
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions