at Terumo BCT
Posted on Oct. 4, 2016
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNT MANAGER BENELUX
Working under supervision of the Country Manager, the Account Manager Benelux is responsible to protect existing sales and to grow market share for the assigned accounts following a defined sales process:
- Identification of sales opportunities
- Qualification of the sales opportunities
- Strategic analysis of the buying influences and fine tuning of the Single Sales Opportunity (SSO)
- Defining & proposing the solution
- Getting account agreement
The account manager is a fast learner & strategic thinker who can work hand in hand with supportive functions to enhance customer experience (Technical Service, Customer Care, Marketing, Supply Chain, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role the incumbent plays in the essential duties & responsibilities listed below may vary based on the customer profile.
- Sales Achievement:
* Generate necessary sales to meet or exceed sales goals and achieve appropriate sales prices.
* Meet appropriate contribution margins.
* Track and analyze progress.
- Sales process - Identify sales opportunities:
* Identify drivers for sales opportunity in the assigned accounts.
* Identify Buying Influences and check status (growth or trouble mode).
* Create Single Sales Opportunity (SSO)
- Sales process - Qualify sales opportunities:
* Verify the availability of budget for the SSO.
* Identify and eliminate possible red flags.
* Confirm a financially viable opportunity with a business profitability analysis.
* Identify all 4 Buying Influences and Coach.
* Refine Single Sales Opportunity.
- Sales process - Propose and Close:
* Negotiate and agree on technical and financial solution.
* Determine all aspects of implementation.
* Receive contract or purchase order.
- Account Management:
* Prioritize accounts to determine coverage, assess opportunity and develop new business.
* Coordinate and manage resources to provide necessary customer service.
* Prepare weekly and monthly plans, track and analyze progress and trends, and prepare annual account sales plan
- Administration / Internal Communications: Manage budget and expenses, adhere to company policies and communicate effectively with EMEA corporate and field personnel
- Personal and Professional Development: Continuously increase and sharpen clinical and technical knowledge as well as continuously developing selling, negotiating and presentation skills
- Responsible for training customers on Terumo BCT products and services.
- Responsible for conducting in-service training
- Comfortable with technical specificities of medical devices
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Degree in Business or Life Sciences
- A minimum of 5 years sales experience in Life Sciences industry, preferably in medical devices
- Experience in creating & implementing sales strategies
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects
- Experience understanding business products & therapy applications
- Demonstrated advanced selling skills & sales techniques
- Understanding of the Blood Industry is an advantage
- Experience with Miller Heiman and Salesforce.com is an advantage
- Terumo BCT's Core competencies
(Approachability, Conflict Management, Integrity & Trust, Action orientated, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Perspective, Priority Setting, Drive for Results, Customer Focus, Creativity, Process Management)
- Excellent written & verbal English, Dutch and French language skills. Mastering all three languages is a MUST.
- Advanced sales techniques & selling skills
- Strong technical skills
- Strong overall communication skills
- Demonstrated and effective leadership and managerial skills
- Problem- solving
- Strong business & financial acumen
- Ability to proactively identify customer business problems/opportunities and recommended solutions
- Results- driven
- Flexible mentality
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Independent & autonomous
- Self- motivating
- High level of ethics
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Obtain Sign- off on products prior to delivering training
- This position will be based in Zaventem and will cover Belgium and The Netherlands
- This position will report to the Country Manager Benelux & Norden.
- Frequent travelling (up to 70%)
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years experience