Posted on Sep. 22, 2016
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Receive, open, code, and prepare toxicology specimens for laboratory analysis.
• Bring in and scan all incoming bags and boxes of specimens from dock area.
• Separate and sort specimens by category.
• Open individual specimen containers, discard cardboard and remove specimens.
• Match information from consent form and specimen, then barcode specimen.
• Complete consent signature and stamp consents.
• Scan barcodes and consent (paper, bottle, tube) into computer system.
• Must meet minimum accessioning requirement as outlined in incentive program.
• Enter consents in computer system as necessary.
• Aliquot urine specimens.
• Scan in narcotics.
• Check and verify counts in computer after each page; correct miscounts.
• Print aliquot and chain of custody sheets to appropriate areas.
• Clean up work area, dispose of trash.
• Assist courier coordinator with weighing specimen shipments.
• Dump negative urine specimens.
• Barcode blood specimens for GCMS.
• Realiquot urine specimens for screening and GCMS.
• Accession GCMS only specimens.
• Process insurance and clinical trials specimens.
• Process sweat patch and oral fluid samples.
• Enter “blind” specimens into computer.
• Aliquot specimens for GCMS testing.
• Maintain and protect the confidentiality of all CRL and client information.
• Be able to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local safety and health regulations that would apply to this job.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Denotes essential job function
EDUCATION: 8th grade education
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Good basic communication
• Ability to read information quickly and retain for use in processing
• Fast writing skills
• Computer familiarity
Standing/sitting for extended periods of time; lifting up to 25 lbs; repetitive bending of wrists; audible recognition of computer error warning. The ability to discriminate between different colors visually is considered an essential function for the position.
Box knife, laboratory coat, gloves, face shield, LED wand, computer terminal, face mask; laser printer, trash compactor.
Shifts extend until work is finished; weekend work is necessary; specimens consist of body fluids and must be regarded as potentially infectious; task of disposing of negative urine specimens. Trash compactor operator requires minimum age of 18 years.
To Apply, first fill out the 'Quick Apply' and and select Apply Now. You will then be directed to a link to our online application.