Posted on Nov. 29, 2017
Health Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance
Gordon Food Service is in need of 2nd Shift Product Transporters for our Sherpherdsville, KY Distribution Center. Experience a world where hard work and great pay create a place where you can learn by doing, meet new challenges, work alongside some of the greatest team members around, and have a little fun along the way.
Our talented warehouse team members are known for their high standards of productivity, attention to detail, and valuable team partnerships to achieve the best results. We expect great things from you – and you should expect a great experience with us!
The Product Transporter receives GFS goods onto receiving dock from delivery trucks and transfers to receiving area. Places received pallets onto inbound pallet spur. Ensures pallets being placed onto spur meet GFS system requirements.
***Pay: Being accurate and fast pays off! Check it out!***
• $15.03 per hour
• After 120 days: There will be a raise based on performance and attendance. If you are over a 100% productivity, you'll also make more on your incentive pay!
• Benefits after 30 days!
Education requirements• High School Diploma or equivalent GED degree (preferred)
• Powered Industrial Truck Operator training and certification must be completed upon hire and maintained thereafter
Experience requirements• Experience with hi-lo, cherry picker, forklift, or pallet jack vehicles is highly preferred
• Experience in warehouse / distribution is highly preferred but not required
Qualifications• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds on a regular basis
• Work independently and/or within a team environment
• You must be 18 years of age or older (required)
• Must be able to work holidays as required
• We have frozen products – your ability to work in extreme cold or hot conditions is required while you’re here
• Successfully pass our drug screen and background check requirements (we do not check your credit score)
• Valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what’s happening next in the process
Responsibilities• Uses forklift and pallet machine to transfer product from bad wood to good wood
• Uses forklift to insert pallets into the pallet system
• Uses forklift to sort all empty pallets from the system and place in designated areas
• Removes damaged product from pallets during the tipping process
• Completes housekeeping activities on a daily basis
• Performs other duties as assigned
Skills• Ability to operate a stand up forklift and hydraulic pallet tipper
• Communicate clearly in a professional manner
Work hours• Monday-Friday ; 2:00pm - 10:00pm
• Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays is required
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. In addition to highly competitive pay rates, Gordon Food Service offers full medical/dental/vision, 401(k)/match, profit sharing and more!